Picnic is Tech’s answer to groceries. . We fundamentally rethought how food logistics works and built a system where you can do your grocery shopping by simply pushing a button. And while doing so, things changed for the better. Less food waste, less food miles, more time for the things that really matter in life. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to join our mission to build the modern milkman! .. We offer both graduation and regular internships in a competitive and engaging workspace.
Where you fit in
Picnic is constantly evolving. But one thing is constant: developers are at the core. While growing we are facing exciting new challenges. This creates a lot of room for your innovative ideas. You will dive in complex route planning for millions of orders to micro-optimizing how many bananas we order for which warehouse on a Thursday. As one of our interns, you’ll be part of a dedicated team and take ownership of your ideas.
From day one, you start coordinating your project. You develop the proposal and take complete ownership over the idea. You run the project from initiation to implementation. That means, the more time you have available, the more interesting projects you can take over! We are proud of our developments and open-source with the community. Check out our latest projects at http://picnic.tech
What you do
* Work in a smart, young, and motivated team
* Work alongside developers to solve coding challenges
* Develop a personal project and take ownership of ideas
* Evolve, develop, and challenge yourself in an evolving company
What you need
* Pursuing a Master’s degree in Computer Science, AI or related study
* Mental Athleticism: Highly analytical and curious intellect
* Out-of-the-box Thinking and Initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
* Long-term Vision: Process-oriented and structured ideas
* Quick Learning: Intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
* At least 6-7 months for a graduation internship, or 4 months for a regular internship
Technologies we use
* Java 11 (Reactor and Spring 5)
* ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
* Maven and Git
* PostgreSQL, MongoDB
* Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
* AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.