At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Our Accommodations Team
With 28 million places to stay listed on our platform, it’s no surprise that Accommodation is at the core of our business. This business unit brings together teams from product development, technology, commercial services and customer service to create a stellar user experience for travellers that unites supply and demand. This vital cross-functional engine also works across Booking Holdings brands, helping drive growth in US markets.
Our products & services are available on the Web, Mobile and API platforms, and span over all aspects of Booking.com accommodation business – from getting inventory from partners to displaying rooms to our customers.
Our Technology Team
This department builds, maintains and continuously improves our technological foundation, which touches every single aspect of our business. These teams work together to ensure we collect data responsibly, use it effectively, and stay on top of the latest trends and techniques. From ensuring robust user privacy practices to growing machine learning innovations to making sure every device that connects us is 100% cybersecure, this business unit provides the foundation that powers the business and keeps our customer and partner data secure.
About the Program
We are excited to launch this new, 15-month program within our Accommodations Engineering Team & our Central Technology Team. This program will provide an excellent foundation for graduates to develop their skills and have a significant impact on our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, building and improving great products for both travelers and for our accommodation partners.
As a Graduate Engineer at Booking.com, you will be a fully-fledged, permanent team member, and will work alongside experienced professionals responsible for the design & delivery of services and products to offer customers the best selection of properties and rooms.
Graduates will be guided and supported throughout the program with a dedicated mentor, onboarding bootcamp, learning journey and opportunities to develop world-leading technical expertise through placements and exposure across a number of teams within the engineering business unit. Graduate Developers will grow to a Junior Developer role upon successful completion of the program.
This is a unique opportunity to launch your professional career and learn great software engineering principles and working practices at the world’s number one travel company.
- Collaborate with the team and wider Engineering organization to build and deliver high quality solutions and take ownership in line with guidance and best practices of the department
- Adhere to the default principles for Architecture, quality and non-functional requirements
- Develop reusable libraries and code that are easy to maintain, understand and re-use
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable, contributing to the evolution of best practices of the department
- Write, review and take responsibility for clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation
- Supporting live products in a DevOps environment
- You are a 2022 graduate with a Bachelor or Masters in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field STEM-field; or you have completed relevant third-level study (e.g. Coding Bootcamp, HBO)
- Can demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator
- You’ll be an advocate for our Booking.com values
- Must be within commuting distance of Amsterdam or willing to relocate (relocation support provided)
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- Clear and structured career pathway, with the opportunity to promote to Junior Developer upon completion of the program
- World class training & development, including in Java and professional growth in building software applications, software system design, technical incident management and architectural guidance
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
- Our company culture and work environment continues to flourish digitally with an array of business updates, well-being programs, hackathons, virtual coffee catch-ups and events to get to know your teams, webinars and more. This new reality has only made our teams closer as we unite to fulfil our mission.
- 29 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- Software development kit that works!