Are you currently finishing a technical study (e.g. Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics) or did you recently graduate and are you looking for an interesting job? Our Investment Performance department is looking for a junior consultant.
The Investment Performance group at Ortec Finance focuses on the sales and implementation of the performance measurement and attribution system Pearl. This high-quality product, developed by Ortec Finance, enables investors, such as pension funds and asset managers, to perform risk and return analyses. The Investment Performance Service team within the Investment Performance group at Ortec Finance uses Pearl as a tool to provide our clients with appropriate performance reports and information. The Pearl solution is built upon an Oracle database, with which it communicates through SQL.
As a Junior Consultant joining our group, you will be exposed to a wide range of activities for our clients:
- Implement our software for our clients;
- Contribute to product demonstrations and advise and train the client on how to use the software;
- After the implementation phase, you will provide direct client support;
- Answer to client requests and analyse and solve problem clients report;
- Translate the needs of our clients to a fitting solution: If necessary, you will ensure that new functionality is developed for your client – either by yourself or by our product development team;
- As a member of our performance service team you will work together with the performance teams from our clients by maintaining and configuring our software, validating data, staying up to date with the latest market developments and by providing our clients with their latest monthly performance reports.
You will work mainly from one of our offices, occasionally you will visit our clients on location. Over 50% of our clients are foreign-based.
Required education, experience and skills
- A Master of Science (in Econometrics, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or similar);
- Interest in the financial world: you will have plenty of opportunities to learn on the job;
- Applied thinking skills: you are capable to think one step ahead;
- Skills in programming and enjoying it;
- Experience in using Excel, experience in SQL is an advantage;
- Excellent social and communicative skills;
- Written and oral competence in Dutch and English;
- Team player;
- Some working experience with projects;
- Flexible and willing to work abroad for an extended period(s) of time.
Since 1981 Ortec Finance has been delivering technology and consultancy in the field of risk and return management, in the last decade increasingly on a global scale. Ortec Finance supports pension funds, insurers, asset managers, financial planners, housing associations and municipalities, among others, in making optimal financial decisions and monitoring the results thereof. We integrate our in-depth knowledge in our software models and combine these with professional consultancy services. Ortec Finance remains innovative due to its close ties with the academic world, supervisory agencies and professionals. Our main offices are located in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, with international satellite offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Canada.
We offer you a suitable job within a challenging and inspiring work environment with excellent career and professionalization opportunities, both in different specializations and in project- and account management. Ortec Finance gives you the chance to combine IT, mathematical models and specific market knowledge in your work.
You earn a market-conform salary, 8% vacation allowance, a fixed 13th month, a contribution to the pension scheme, travel expense compensation and a bonus policy.
Need more information or interested to apply?
For more information about the job position, you can contact Wietske Maat- van Daalen (HR Advisor) of the Human Resources department by phone at: 010 – 700 50 00.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume, stating reference number ‘IP-012’ to: HR@ortec-finance.com.
A pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Acquisition on account of this vacancy will not be appreciated.