We are looking for a talented Master graduate to join our Risk Consulting practice in Financial Services as a consultant, focusing on quantitative financial risk management, prudential regulation, and European banking supervision.
In the fast evolving world of financial services regulation and supervision in Europe, financial institutions need support and advice in how to deal with and manage regulatory change, whilst running their business and managing their risk. The implementation of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) under the responsibility of the European Central Bank (ECB) has added another dimension to that. The Risk Consulting practice works with our clients in The Netherlands - and across the Eurozone in close collaboration with local PwC colleagues - to provide high quality advice to the financial sector. We help clients to anticipate and understand regulatory and policy change and work with them to make the necessary adjustments to their risk management processes, organization and frameworks, to adequately respond to these changes, and fulfil stakeholders’ expectations. We do this by developing relationships, knowledge and skills, all with the aim to help our clients with the challenges they face. The Risk Consulting practice in Financial Services is a growing part of our business.
Who are you?
You are an ambitious and dedicated high potential who will help us deliver on the firm’s significant growth plans. With your help, we aim to continue to build a team that is known in the market as the best in class risk and regulatory consulting team, interacting with the major players in the industry and playing a key role in the services we offer to our clients.
- You have an academic master’s degree, for example in the field of Economics, Banking & Finance, Financial Risk Management, Econometrics, Mathematics or Physics, or another quantitative field and you are a best in class masters programme graduate;
- You have preferably completed one or more internships in the banking industry, working in the field of quantitative financial risk management and/or banking regulation and supervision with particular focus on CRD IV/Basel III;
- You have demonstrable 0-3 years deep technical expertise of financial risk management in banks (capital, liquidity, credit and market risk, stress testing, internal risk models, data management and risk reporting);
- You have experience with working in teams, and you are a team player, inspiring your colleagues, and you have proven strong abilities in analysing and solving complex problems, pragmatically and creatively;
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in English and sufficient knowledge in Dutch. An additional language is an advantage. You enjoy to work in an international context;
- You have the ability to make new contacts, build relationships with clients, our international network, and regulators, listen to and understand client needs and interpret this into new opportunities to assist them;
- You are bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic and you have strong analytical skills. You like working in a demanding and high pressure environment, and you aim to grow as a professional and as a person.
What does your job look like?
As Consultant Financial Risk Management in our Risk Consulting practice you will be spending a large portion of your time in appealing (Dutch and international) financial institutions, working in multinational PwC teams. You will be part of teams that help our clients realize their strategy and deal with risk management challenges, new regulations and increasing supervisory requirements. You will identify, analyse and solve important client problems, realising solutions, and working in joint PwC-client delivery teams, in challenging circumstances. Your projects are likely to focus on subjects like quantitative risk modelling, stress testing and capital planning, liquidity and funding, recovery and resolution planning, risk appetite frameworks, and risk data and reporting.
Besides the direct work for our clients, you contribute to business development and PwC thought leadership in your field of expertise. You build a network within PwC and gain experience in the various disciplines of our services. You continually develop your expertise and consulting skills, and you grow as a professional.
What do we offer?
Working at PwC you have a variety of assisgnments, inspiring colleagues and extensive working conditions arranged with attention to your development and flexible work-life balance.
- An inspiring professional environment.
- A coach/buddy who will help you with your personal development.
- Access to all relevant PwC facilities and databases.
- Excellent salary and beneftis including 32 holidays.
- A company phone and laptop.
Who are we?
At PwC Netherlands, we want to contribute to the trust in society and solving important problems. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people. PwC in the Netherlands employs over 4,400 people together. We see it as our job to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. this vacancy falls within the Advisory field.
Interested? And do you meet the job requirements? Take a look here at our application procedure or apply directly via our website. We will get back to you within two weeks after the deadline about your progress. Do you have questions about the job? Then you can contact Anthony Kruizinga on + 31 (0)88 - 792 65 43 or sent an e-mail to email@example.com.