GRADUATE Software Developer
Do you want to work in an environment where your ideas make a difference? Join Flow Traders for our best Graduate Software Development Program yet starting September 2023, at our headquarters in Amsterdam.
We are at the intersection of finance, cutting-edge technology and scientific research. To achieve this, our team of software developers works in partnership with experienced traders to identify and execute tomorrow's strategies. To remain competitive, we are always looking for creative, skilled and ambitious people to join us. With us, you will make a visible contribution to the further improvement of our technology environment.
What you will do
As a successful applicant to this program, you will join our development teams for one year to work on various projects. One of the goals is to improve our proprietary trading platform that enables Flow Traders to trade on exchanges worldwide. The projects cover multiple areas of our technology landscape. You will work in sprints and participate in stand-up meetings; at the same time, you will work together with your fellow graduate software developers, as well as with your senior colleagues. You will also experience working with different Flow Traders development teams which are focused on individual products.
Throughout the program, you will receive continuous support from your dedicated mentor, not only in the field of technology, but also in the area of personal development.
The program starts on September 1st, 2023. A strong motivation letter increases your chances of being selected.
What you need to succeed
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge of Java or C++ is required
- Interest to specialize in either C++ or Java is required
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Git is required
- An interest in the finance industry, preferably trading
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and work in teams
- Any experience in software development in the financial industry is considered an advantage
- Based in Europe at the time of the recruitment process
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!