Dit stukje is alleen beschikbaar in het Engels
Interested? Find out more and apply here!
About Booking.com Compass
We know you’ve just started navigating your career journey. And we’re here to help. We promise it’s going to be fun and exciting! We’re a company of travel-obsessed, resourceful, dedicated people who work to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
About the Internship Program
We are thrilled about this 9 weeks program within our Accommodations, Central Technology, Fintech and Trips Business Units based in Amsterdam. These departments bridge the Booking.com of today with the Booking.com of tomorrow, leading the evolution of our business from a single-product company to a multi-product offering company with an outstanding, personalized travel experience at the heart of its success.
This program will provide an excellent foundation for interns to develop their skills and have an impact on our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, building and improving great products for both travelers and for our accommodation partners.
This is an outstanding opportunity to launch your professional career and learn great software engineering principles and working practices at the world’s number one travel company.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you’ll work closely with our expert engineers and contribute to web applications from ideation, inception and validation to implementing scalable solutions in production.
As part of the 9-week paid internship you will:
- Receive a project placement in a team that best aligns with your experience and interests
- Work closely with our expert engineers and your internship buddy
- Contribute to web applications from an idea, inception, and validation to a scalable solution.
- Present to leadership at the end of the internship
Bring your sense of adventure and the following:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. Note that your graduation date has to be in 2025
- Committed, organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to listen actively and ask relevant questions to improve your understanding.
- A great teammate with the ability to work effectively with others.
- A willingness to reflect on feedback and incorporate it into learning action plans, and share your knowledge with colleagues and fellow interns.
- An advocate for our values.
Important note about eligibility
In order to be eligible for this program you need to:
- Graduate in summer 2025.
- Be available for a full time (40 hours per week) paid internship from July 1st, 2024 to August 30, 2024.
- Be able to commute to our office in Amsterdam at least twice a week.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to build an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.