Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to work on open source software? Are you fluent in C++? If so, we would like to meet you. We want you to excel, which is why we can offer you to:
- never get bored! We develop bleeding-edge technology, but don't tolerate bullshit
- have a large influence on the direction of summitto
- earn a competitive salary with stock options
- get access to the latest and best equipment
- experience rapid technical and personal development
- work with us in Amsterdam, a fun and always vibrant city!
Here’s a little taste of your challenge, you will help build our:
- distributed systems consensus algorithm
- blockchain data structures
- fraud identification mechanisms
- secure and authenticated interface
We also excitedly share our technical discoveries. If you're able to teach us a new vim trick, you'll earn a lot of points here! If you are an excellent software engineer with a proven track record of building secure and scalable software, we would love to meet you.
About our software
You will get to work on bleeding-edge technology, with new groundbreaking challenges to solve every day. Think of:
- Keeping our P2P networking infrastructure secure
- Inventing fraud-identification algorithms and making existing ones more efficient
- Getting into the nitty-gritty of scalable signature creation and verification
- Refining the testing infrastructure of our distributed database
You'll be delighted to find that the software we write is all about elegant and modern C++. We have a clear set of principles to handle this versatile language. We mostly adhere to the CPP Core Guidelines style guide, but adjust or replace this when it makes sense for us.
We also use Golang and Python for certain web services and for our testing suite. We use the best tools for the job, and when those involve different languages and frameworks, we don't shy away from the challenge.
When it comes to libraries, we make use of a modest set of well-vetted names. Boost is essential to us, and we use e.g., Boost.asio for networking. Libsodium is our essential cryptographic toolkit. And even though we have an extensive self-built testing infrastructure, we see the strengths of the GTest testsuite for our unit tests, which run after every build.
We're looking for junior/senior engineers who:
- enjoy challenging projects
- are either part-time or full-time available
- have experience coding in C/C++
- want to change the world for the better by developing open source software
More information can be found on our website.